- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded, do not use the bags!
- Mix together your seasonings and season both sides of the chicken breasts well.
- Heat a grill pan over medium to high heat, and grill your chicken until done. (int temp 165 deg f)
- Set aside.
- In a medium sized sauce pot, melt your butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in your flour and cook until it begins to just bubble around the edges.
- Add in the milk, slowly, whisking to combine as you go.
- Continue to whisk until your mix as heated through.
- You’ll want to check the temp (I use my finger). You want it to be hot enough to melt the cheese, but not boiling.
- When the mix is hot, start whisking in your cheese in small amounts at a time until all of the cheese has been mixed in.
- This dish is great on top of plain rice or alone. However, it is best served with our Perfect Mexican Rice. This cheese sauce is also very good as a cheese dip for your chips!
Recipe from everydaymadefresh.com