These easy fajitas are brimming with those Mexican flavors we crave, they’re a breeze to throw together, and clean up couldn’t be easier. They’re sure to be a crowd favorite!
- 2 tsp chili powder (preferably 1 tsp ancho chili powder 1 tsp regular)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts , sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips (slice extra wide strips in half)
- 1 of each red , green and yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips (3 whole total)
- 1 medium yellow onion , halved and sliced from top to root
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- Sour cream , avocado slices or guacamole, diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend (toppings are optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray an 17 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
For the seasoning: In a small mixing bowl whisk together chili powders, cumin, paprika, coriander, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, set aside.
For the fajitas filling: Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto baking sheet.
Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips.
Drizzle olive oil over top then toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping.
Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 – 25 minutes (test a few of the larger pieces to make sure they are 165 in the center).
Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
Drizzle lime juice evenly over top of the chicken fajita filling, sprinkle with cilantro and more salt to taste and toss to coat.