Blueberry Bread is super easy and quick to make from scratch! This moist quick bread is loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with a sprinkle of sugar for some crunch.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir milk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract into flour mixture until batter is just blended.
- Combine washed and dried blueberries with 1 tsp of flour and gently fold them into the batter. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.