These moist Blueberry Lemon Blondies are the perfect summer treat!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter-room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1 large egg-room temperature
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar-sifted
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 heaping Tablespoon frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a large overhang the sides so you can easily lift the blondes from the pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Beat softened butter, sugar and lemon zest for 2 minutes. Add egg and mix to combine.
- Next, add lemon juice and mix to combine. It won’t come together completely, but that’s OK.
- Add flour mixture and mix until all combined well.
- Finally, using a rubber spatula, gently fold in blueberries.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared dish and bake 25-30 minutes, or until it’s lightly golden brown on the edges and the center has set completely.
- Cool to a room temperature
- To make the glaze, in a food processor, pulse lemon juice and frozen blueberries (use frozen blueberries to get intense purple color). Strain the juice. Stir powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon of the juice. Add more juice if needed. The glaze should be spreadable but not too runny. If it’s too thin add more powdered sugar, and if it’s too thick add more juice until reach desired consistency.
- Spread over blondies and let harden, about 10 minutes, before serving.
Recipe from Vera.OMGChocolateDesserts