Breakfast Fruit Tarts with Granola Crust are crunchy granola tart shells filled with yogurt, homemade lemon curd and topped with fresh fruit!
For the granola tart shells:
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely ground nuts such as pecans, walnuts or almonds*
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
For the tarts:
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon curd (use this Lemon Curd recipe or store bought)
- Toppings: Assorted berries, kiwi and coconut flakes for topping (or any of your favorite seasonal fruit!)
Prepare the granola crust:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place (6) mini tart pans on a large rimmed baking sheet and spray with cooking spray (I use these pans).
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, chopped nuts, finely shredded coconut, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- Combine the coconut oil and maple syrup in a small bowl and add to the dry ingredients. Stir until the dry ingredients are well moistened.
- Divide the granola mixture between the (6) tart pans, pressing it evenly into the bottom and up the sides a bit using a small measuring cup or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool completely on a wire rack.
Assemble the tarts:
- Remove the tarts from the tart pans and place on a serving tray.
- Whisk the Greek yogurt in a medium bowl until light and creamy. Place 2 tablespoons of the yogurt into each tart shell and swirl 1 heaping teaspoon of lemon curd into the yogurt.
- Top decoratively with fruit and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe from flavorthemoments.com