Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Casserole is a perfectly tasty side dish for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or everyday dinner. It’s classic creamy, cheesy comfort food at its best.
- Thaw broccoli and warm broccoli in the microwave for about 5 minutes; drain very well. Cut any large florets into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine warm cooked rice, onion, cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar. Stir together until well mixed. Fold in broccoli.
- Spoon into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350℉ for 35 – 40 minutes until bubbly and cheese is just beginning to get some golden brown spots.
- Frozen chopped broccoli can be used instead of the florets, if desired. I just prefer the florets.
- Casserole may be prepared ahead. Place the broccoli mixture in the casserole dish, top with the cheese, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Increase baking time to 60 – 75 minutes. Cover loosely with foil partway through baking if the cheese begins to brown too much.
Recipe from thekitchenismyplayground.com