These Candied Pecans are the perfect sweet and salty snack. They’re great on their own, on salads, in cookies, or as a garnish to your favorite chicken dish!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the pecans and stir continuously for 3 minutes, to lightly toast the pecans.
- Add in the brown sugar, and stir for an additional 2 minutes to melt the sugar.
- Stir in the cinnamon and salt, and add the water.
- Cook, stir continuously, until the water is evaporated, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and stir to coat.
- Remove from the heat and spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until fragrant and lightly crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 7 days