For the Fajita filling
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for frying
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon Fajita seasoning
- 3 medium bell peppers cored and sliced
- 1 large onion peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- toppings of choice we like salsa, sour cream and guacamole
Toss chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice and Fajita seasoning.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, then cook chicken in two batches until cooked through on the inside and lightly charred on the outside, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
Place onions in skillet and cook over medium-high heat until fully softened and lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside on a plate.
Place peppers in skillet and cook over medium-high heat until cooked to your liking.
Once peppers are done, place chicken and onions back in skillet and toss for 30-60 seconds over medium-high heat, until heated through. Serve chicken filling immediately with warmed flour tortillas, and your favorite toppings.
Recipe from: savorynothings.com