This Easy Classic Taco Salad is easy to make and perfect for an easy meal or side dish – make it in under 30 minutes for a summer barbecue or a quick weeknight dinner!
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce thinly shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 14 ounce can of black beans
- 14 ounce can of corn
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Doritos chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fat-free salsa
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- sliced jalapeños and diced avocado for garnish (optional)
Season the ground beef with the taco seasoning and brown it in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
Add the lettuce to a large bowl or large serving platter.
Add the cooled ground beef on top of the lettuce.
Add the tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, green pepper and cheese.
Crumble the Doritos chips with your hands just a little bit (bite-sized pieces are ideal) and add them on top of the salad, along with the cilantro.
Whisk together the salsa and sour cream and drizzle it over the top of the salad.
Toss everything together and serve, with some diced avocado and sliced jalapeños (both optional).
Recipe from thebusybaker.ca