This tried-and-true Peach Cobbler recipe is easier than pie! Use fresh or frozen peaches so you can enjoy peach cobbler year-round. Serve it with a scoop of ice cream for the perfect dessert.
- 2 cups peeled peaches (if frozen, thaw and drain juice)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. While oven preheats, put the butter in a 9-inch glass dish and place in oven until melted.
- Mix flour, 2/3 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add milk and egg to flour mixture and stir to combine.Pour batter over melted butter in glass dish. – DO NOT STIR
- Put the peaches in a bowl, add 1/3 cup sugar along with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Spoon peaches gently over batter. – DO NOT STIR
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top of peaches and batter.
- Bake cobbler for 40-45 mins or until batter is golden brown. Finish with a few minutes on broil to give it a little extra crispness on top (watch closely so it doesn’t burn).
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe from Tidy Mom