- 8 oz bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large everything bagels (3 oz each), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 4 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons everything bagel seasoning
- Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, onion, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper flakes; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring to break up sausage, until no longer pink. Stir in spinach and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant and spinach is wilted. Transfer mixture to medium bowl.
- Add bagel pieces, shredded cheese and cubes of cream cheese to sausage mixture; stir to combine. Loosely mound mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and half-and-half until well blended. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Pour egg mixture over muffin cups (a generous 2 tablespoons each). Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Top each muffin cup with 1/8 teaspoon seasoning. Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until set and knife inserted into egg mixture comes out clean.
Remove from oven; let stand on cooling rack 5 minutes, allowing strata to set. Use spatula around edges to remove from pan.
Recipe from tablespoon.com