If you’re looking for a fun and patriotic recipe idea for a summer bbq or party, these Fruit Sparklers are a guaranteed crowd favorite! The perfect easy side dish for Memorial day or the Fourth of July!
- 1 whole watermelon
- 16 ounces fresh blueberries
- bambo skewers
- Cut watermelon vertically into 1 inch thick slices.
- Use a small star cookie cutter to cut out star shapes from the flesh of each watermelon round.
- Thread 7-10 blueberries into the center of each bamboo skewer, leaving enough space at the end for someone to be able to comfortably hold it, and a space at the top for the watermelon star.
- Place the watermelon star on top and set the fruit sparklers on a serving tray. Cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
recipe from tastesbetterfromscratch