You will love grilling up these Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets. The Cajun flavors give the shrimp, sausage, and corn so much flavor, and there is NO MESS!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 packets
- 18 pieces corn on the cob (6 full cobs cut in half or in thirds)
- 4 red potatoes washed and cubed
- 25 uncooked shrimp peeled or not, it’s up to you
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup melted butter or olive oil, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth you may not need that much
- 1 Tbsp Cajun/Creole seasoning we like to use Tony Chachere’s brand, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
More ingredients to try in a foil packet (optional, and to your taste)
- Italian sausage
- chicken (cut in bite-size pieces)
- bell peppers
- red onions
- Heat grill to 400-degrees. You can do this in your oven at the same temperature.
- Evenly distribute corn, potatoes, shrimp, and sausage between 4 heavy-duty foil sheets (approximately 12×18 inches each).
- Drizzle melted butter and about 2 tablespoons chicken broth over each foil packet.
- Season evenly and generously, to taste, with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam.
- Grill 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, flipping once half-way through
- Be careful opening the packets to check for doneness, the steam inside is VERY hot!
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
Some people have found that their potatoes don’t get cooked. Some of our readers have recommended boiling or microwaving the potatoes for a minute or two before adding to the packets. We haven’t had a problem with the potatoes being underdone, but this is definitely an option for those of you who are concerned about it. Another option would be to cut the potatoes smaller so they cook faster.
Recipe from Favorite Family Recipes