These maple cream cookies are flavorful, gorgeous, and easy to make. This maple cookie recipe is a hit at parties too. Maple leaf cookies are heavenly!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon maple extract
- 4 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and maple extract; beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Divide dough into two balls and flatten each ball into a disk. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove dough from refrigerator onto a lightly floured surface.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Use a maple leaf cookie cutter to cut out cookies, placing on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven 8-10 minutes, or until edges just start to brown.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets about 3 minutes; using a wide metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- While cookies are cooling, make the filling by creaming butter in a stand mixer. Add confectioners sugar and maple syrup and beat until combined and smooth.
- Using a knife or spoon, spread the filling onto the backside side of the cookie. Top with another cookie, backside down. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Recipe from sweetpeaskitchen.com