This easy Poppy Seed Chicken is a comfort food classic with tender chicken in a creamy sauce topped with a crunchy, buttery topping of Ritz crackers!
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, Parmesan cheese, pepper, parsley, and garlic powder. Add the chicken and stir until completely coated in the sauce. Transfer the chicken and sauce mixture to a large 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, pour the melted butter over the crushed Ritz crackers and toss together with a fork to create the buttery cracker topping. Sprinkle over the chicken filling.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes until hot all the way through and bubbling around the edges. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Yellow bliss road