This spinach artichoke dip is a mix of freshly cooked spinach, artichoke hearts and three types of cheese, all baked to golden brown perfection. A classic party snack that always gets rave reviews from family and friends.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided use
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- sliced bread, crackers and vegetables for serving
- cooking spray
Steam or saute the spinach until wilted. Let cool, then wring out all the excess water. Coarsely chop the spinach.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a small baking dish or skillet with cooking spray.
Place the cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
Spread the spinach mixture into the prepared dish. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until dip is bubbly and cheese is melted. Turn the oven to broil and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley, then serve immediately with bread, crackers and vegetables.