This Tex-Mex Chicken Chopped Salad is filled with crunchy romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, grilled chicken and more. The taco-flavored ranch dressing finishes it off to perfection!
- 1 cup ranch dressing can use light dressing
- 2 Tablespoons mild taco seasoning
- 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in bite-size pieces
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
In a small bowl, whisk together ranch dressing and taco seasoning until combined. Cover and place in fridge to chill until ready to use.
In a large non-stick skillet, cook and stir chicken pieces over medium-high heat until cooked through. About 12 minutes. While chicken is cooking season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. When chicken is finished cooking let cool slightly then add to salad. Add dressing a little at a time then gently toss until all combined and coated.
Serve immediately in individual bowls and enjoy!
Recipe from life-in-the-lofthouse.com