Texas Trash made extra flavorful thanks to a buttery coating seasoned with Creole spices, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and seasoned salt, and it’s addictively delicious!
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 1/2 cup Bugels
- 1 1/2 cup bagel chips
- 1 1/2 cup rye chips
- 1 1/2 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into tablespoon-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional for extra spicy mix)
- Preheat the oven to 275°F and have ready one to two large rimmed baking sheets.
- Add the Corn, Rice, and Wheat Chex to a large mixing bowl, along with the Bugels, bagel chips, rye chips, and pretzels. Use your hands to toss until evenly combined.
- Add the butter, Worcestershire sauce, Tony’s Creole Seasoning, seasoned salt, and garlic powder to a microwave-safe bowl. If you want the mix to be extra spicy, add the hot sauce as well. Heat at 30-second intervals, until melted.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly mixture across bowl cereal mix and use your hands to gently toss until everything is evenly coated. Be sure to wash your hands well.
- Add the mix to the rimmed baking sheet in a layer no thicker than one inch thick. Use a second baking sheet if necessary.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then, stir up/toss the mixture using a spatula, return to the oven, and bake for 15 minutes more. Allow to cool and serve, or store in an airtight container for up to four weeks.
Recipe from theanthonykitchen