Servings: 8 piecesCalories: 404kcalAuthor: Melissa Sperka
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 4 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz smoked ham chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 cup colby jack or cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prick the bottom of a frozen pie shell using a fork. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small skillet melt the butter. Cook the sliced green onion, green pepper and red pepper until softened around 2-3 minutes..
- Layer 1/2 of the ham and 1/2 of the shredded cheese on the bottom of the par baked pie shell.
- Whisk together the heavy cream, eggs and seasonings until fully combined. Add the cooked vegetables to the custard.
- Pour 1/2 over the first layer of ham and cheese then repeat ham, cheese and custard.
- Place onto a baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to cook for an additional 30-40 minutes.
- Rest on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 237mg | Sodium: 798mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1279IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 2mg
Recipe from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen